FOOLS AND CHILDREN
Edward T. Frye
● FOOLS AND CHILDREN ●
Who Else Wants a Copy of the Most Entertaining and Engaging Book of the Year!
Fools and Children dramatizes the joys and challenges of two lads who somehow survive the last era of youthful freedom and innocence. Poignant tales of their exploits, some dangerous indeed, involve guns, horses, caves, and fields. This “constructed autobiography” recreates real events with only small elements, names, and dialog changes. Readers will wish they were there.
Bill Keane, Editor, Perspectives magazine
Author extraordinaire Edward T. Frye pens this uproarious (sometime serious) journey of life through the 50's with his best friend Herb Bierly and wonder dog Queeny.
Ed and Herb are two small town boys hell-bent on action and adventure.
Fools and Children is an uplifting and touching collection of memorable childhood escapades as it chronicles the outlandish and often dangerous exploits of these creative but naïve lads.
Filled with leisurely-told tales, colorful characters, cultural references to the Golden ‘50s, and humor, Fools and Children takes Baby Boomers back to their own youthful years.
With the freedoms available to these young adventurers in a simpler time and place, their zeal for life is reflective of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
Caves, creeks, hills, and farms are scenes of perilous undertakings. Millheim provides their earliest up close and personal experiences with death, as well as poignant lessons for life.
Along the way, they experiment with guns, horses, the sins of the world, and girls.
Frye and Bierly skip none of the rites of passage, but almost always with a twist. Both learn early that the difference between hero and victim is often too close to call.
Some famous and infamous tales and characters from our valley – brought to life beautifully
Nancy Meyer, Penns Valley resident
Ed Frye and Herb Bierly, with their mischievous gallery of friends, create havoc, confusion and alarm for themselves and town residents when they:
● Flood a large section of town.
● Hunt for one of the FBI's Most Wanted criminals.
● Loose a prized horse which runs wild on the streets.
● Plan a bank robbery.
● Tempt death by challenging an ornery bull.
● Tempt death by nearly drowning.
● Tempt death in a pitch black cave.
● Experience their first truly dead person.
● Save a life and become heros.
● Destroy a Boy Scout outing.
● Explore there new sexuality as "Peeping Toms".
● Turn a clothing purchase into a sexual experience.
● Purchase their first pack of condoms.
● Learn how to "Make Out" in a graveyard.
● Learn, by accident, how to stop being bullied.
● Learn that they are becoming bullies.
● Plus much, much more
A rollicking, perceptive, and witty boy’s eye view of the 1950s --
What would a reader expect in a collection of leisurely-told tales? Danger? Humor? Sex? Insight? Naiveté? Creativity? Stupidity? Fools and Children provides them all.
Readers say: A master story-teller....Hilarious....Must reading for everyone....Unforgettable.... Laugh out loud tales....Delightful....Ah, the innocence of youth....Stop these two before they kill somebody!
This newly-revised 2011 soft cover edition contains more stories plus pictures (including the only known picture of Bierly with Queeny the Wonder Dog).
ORDER NOW AND SAVE UP TO 20%
• Download your digital copy of Fools and Children.
• Save 10% and read the book immediately.
• Order your own personal soft cover copy of Fools and Children.
• Save 10% plus FREE shipping
CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW
THE ULTIMATE !!!
Collector's Edition + Digital Copy • Receive a double-autographed soft cover COLLECTOR'S edition of Fools and Children with inscriptions signed by both Ed Frye and Herb Bierly.
•Download your digital copy of Fools and Children and read it immediately.
• Be added to our priority e-mail list to recieve additional new short stories of Ed, Herb, and Queeny in the continuing adventures of Fools and Children.
• Save 20% plus FREE shipping
CLICK HERE TO ORDER NOW
• Receive a double-autographed soft cover COLLECTOR'S edition of Fools and Children with inscriptions signed by both Ed Frye and Herb Bierly.
ED FRYE'S PERSONAL 30 DAY 100% RISK-FREE GET YOUR MONEY BACK GAURANTEE:
My friend, I personally offer you this very sincere promise.
If for some reason (any reason at all) you’re not absolutely thrilled with Fools and Children, please let me know within 30 Days after you receive this expanded new edition. I’ll immediately refund every single penny you invested.
I am doing this because I’m absolutely confident that you will enjoy these tales of my youth.
It’s that simple... If you’re not happy, you get your money back.
Edward T. Frye